Add/change network connection
- Click the “Settings” link on the top right of Dashboard.
- Select the “Add network” tab.
- If you are adding a Wi-Fi network, click [Wireless(Wi-Fi)] from the left menu, enter the new ESSID and passphrase and click the [OK] button.
- If you are adding a static IP Ethernet network, click [Ethernet(Fixed IP)] from the left menu, enter the new Ethernet network information and click the [OK] button.
- If you are adding a new DHCP ethernet network, click [Ethernet(DHCP)] from the left menu and the click [OK] button. If you have previously added a static IP Ethernet connection it will be deleted.
- Connect the cables as shown, and press the play button.
- If [LIVE] is displayed on the device LCD screen, the new connection has been added successfully.
Note : Adding Ethernet network connection (DHCP)
If the new network being added can acquire the IP address through a DHCP server, a new configuration does not need to be added.
* Once the Ethernet cable is connected, the LiveShell X can be used.
* If the LiveShell is configured with a static IP address, the configuration should be changed to allow for a DHCP enabled network.
Note : Adding Wi-Fi networks
The most recently saved network is assigned the lowest number on the list (Wi-Fi No.). If the LiveShell X discovers multiple wireless APs, it will use the most recently added network.
- The 10 most recent networks can be stored at any given time.
The LiveShell X cannot discover a stealth ESSID wireless AP, if one is being used, the access point will need to be reconfigured.
Operation via Dashboard
How view RTSP player URL:
Copy the “MONITOR URL” on the left hand side of Dashboard into your RTSP player.
How to change live streaming channel settings:
- Click “Settings” on the top right of Dashboard.
- Select the channel you want to setup.
- Select [RTSP server mode] from the pulldown list of broadcasting services.
- If you want to change settings, click the [Edit] button.
- Set the port number.
- Select “Unicast” or “Multicast” from pull down menu.
If you select “Multicast”, please enter TTL. TTL should be larger than the number of routers through which the multicast packet passes.
(When distributing to a local network, TTL should normally be set to “1”.)
- Click the [Save and set as default] button.
- Click the [Broadcast this service] button.
- Click the [START LIVE] button.
- Copy the RTSP URL to your RTSP player.
- Even though the RTSP video is not displayed, the video and audio quality can be changed in Dashboard.
- If the RTSP server is set up in local mode, operation by Dashboard does not work.
Receiving video/audio from RTSP server
- The LiveShell X will display the RTSP server’s URL.
- Press the bottom right button 5 times after setup is finished.
* You can not see video from the RTSP server in Dashboard.
* The following software is recommended to view RTSP server video.
Recommended RTSP players:
- Windows, Mac, Linux: VLC 2.0.5 or later
- iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPad mini): GoodPlayer
- Android: MX Player
RTSP server restrictions
- A total of three clients can access the server at any given time. More than three clients will cause distorted video and intermittent audio.
- If the video resolution or profile is changed, the client needs to restart their player.
- If the audio sampling rate is changed, the LiveShell X may switch offline and may need to be restarted.