- Confirm that either “LIVE”, “PAUSE” or “STOP” is displayed on the LiveShell display panel.
- Access http://shell.cerevo.com/ to start the Dashboard main panel.
Note: To use the Dashboard, your LiveShell must be online.
- The setup icon of your Ustream account
- The Ustream account name connected with the LiveShell
- Your network ESSID is displayed when you use a Wi-Fi LAN network. “Wired” is displayed when you use an ethernet cable LAN network.
- The LiveShell’s firmware revision
- The email address you registered for the Dashboard
- Display device ID if you use 2 or more LiveShells.
- The Ustream program name which is being streamed from your LiveShell.
- The program name that you can change this by clicking on [EDIT]
- The battery status Each icon is displayed when LiveShell is in key lock, caption or record mode.
- Turn each feature on by checking each box.
- The broadcast video.
- The elapsed time since broadcast start.
- The current number of viewers/cumulative number of total viewers.
- Broadcast video and audio bit rates.
- Broadcast video and audio frame rate. The rate is adjusted according to connection quality.
- The broadcasting connection quality in 4 levels: Good, Poor, Bad, Dead.
- Control the volume by clicking “－” and “＋” or sliding the bar.
- Select video quality according “Network”.
Select the Internet line. The lowest video quality is “3G Lo”. “3G Hi”, “ADSL” and “FTTH” are better quality.
Adjust the video quality by selecting “ADSL” for an optical fiber Internet connection.
- “Object” prioritizes video quality by default.
Select “Moving” for broadcasting sports. The video quality drops a bit but smoothness of motion is enhanced.
- Use “Video input” only when you have both HDMI and AV IN cables connected.
Your LiveShell automatically detects input when only one cable is connected, making “Video input” unnecessary.
- “Aspect ratio” switches video input between HDMI and AV IN on your LiveShell.
Set the video “Aspect Ratio” only if you are broadcasting using the AV IN input.
There are three options: vertical adjustment, horizontal adjustment and missing top/bottom[letterbox].
- Stop/start the broadcast.
- Pause/start video and audio broadcasting.
Video is broadcast without audio when you select “Pause” from the “Caption” tab.
- Record/stop broadcasting video/audio via Ustream.
- Adjust the volume in the “Volume” tab.
- Set caption in broadcast or paused video from the “Caption” tab.
- Cause the “Social Stream” window to pop up.
- Open “Custom” Window.
This custom setup feature is only for those who are very familiar with video broadcasting. It is not recommended that you use custom setup if you are a novice user.