Add/change network connection
- Click the “Settings” link on the top right of Dashboard.
- Select the “Add network” tab.
- If you are adding a Wi-Fi network, click [Wireless(Wi-Fi)] from the left menu, enter the new ESSID and passphrase and click the [OK] button.
- If you are adding a static IP Ethernet network, click [Ethernet(Fixed IP)] from the left menu, enter the new Ethernet network information and click the [OK] button.
- If you are adding a new DHCP ethernet network, click [Ethernet(DHCP)] from the left menu and the click [OK] button. If you have previously added a static IP Ethernet connection it will be deleted.
- Connect the cables as shown, and press the play button.
- If [LIVE] is displayed on the device LCD screen, the new connection has been added successfully.
Note : Adding Ethernet network connection (DHCP)
If the new network being added can acquire the IP address through a DHCP server, a new configuration does not need to be added.
* Once the Ethernet cable is connected, the LiveShell 2 can be used.
* If the LiveShell is configured with a static IP address, the configuration should be changed to allow for a DHCP enabled network.
Note : Adding Wi-Fi networks
The most recently saved network is assigned the lowest number on the list (Wi-Fi No.). If the LiveShell 2 discovers multiple wireless APs, it will use the most recently added network.
- The 10 most recent networks can be stored at any given time.
The LiveShell cannot discover a stealth ESSID wireless AP, if one is being used, the access point will need to be reconfigured.
After completing setup, the LiveShell 2 will display the RTSP server’s URL by pressing the bottom right button 5 times.
* You can not view video from the RTSP server in Dashboard.
* Install the following software to view RTSP video.
Recommend RTSP player software:
- Windows, Mac, Linux: VLC 2.0.5 or above
- iOS (iPhone4S or above, iPad, iPad mini or above): GoodPlayer
- Android: MX Player
RTSP server restrictions
- A total of three clients can access the server at any given time. More than three clients will cause distorted video and intermittent audio.
- If the video resolution or profile is changed, the client will need to restart their player software.
- If the audio sampling rate is changed, the LiveShell 2 may need to be restarted.
- Video quality and audio quality can be changed via Dashboard.
- If the RTSP server is set up in local mode, operation via Dashboard is not possible.
Use with Wirecast PRO
- LiveShell 2 RTSP server mode has an ASIX M1104 compatible mode. (video only)
- When LiveShell 2 is on standby for the RTSP server, Wirecast PRO can recognize the camera source if M1104 is set as a model and the RTSP server IP address is set.
- The IP address for Wirecast PRO is the IP address part from the RTSP URL which is displayed on the Dashboard.